5.28.2010

Postulants Share Their Experience

How have you found living in a  Monastery?
Tresa:
In the postulant journey, I am constantly inspired by the people I live with and come in contact on a regular basis. In the home we have the wonderful guidance and direction of Mother Marla Marie, and then throughout the week we have many priests teaching us to grow deeper in our faith and love for Christ through our studies. I am continually inspired through these classes, spiritual reading and faith sharing to grow deeper in my relationship with Christ in the hopes that I can truly radiate his love wherever I am and to whomever I meet.   (Photo:  Tresa with her parents, Chuck and Marie Van Heusen)

Therese:
"It has been good and a great learning experience, as I learn to live out the customs of a Maronite Servant. The structured time of prayer, silence, study, recreation, duties and meals have been strengthening, as it allows me to develop more fully as a person (spiritually, physically, socially, emotionally).
I have enjoyed the time allocated for communal activities; such as the walks in nature, prayer hours and other times of recreation and sharing."
(Photo: Maronite Servants with Abouna Jim Root, rector of Our Lady of Lebanon Cathedral in Brooklyn.)