8.01.2008

My WYD experience...a priceless treasure!


The WYD activities that I participated in with my parish group included Catechesis, Festivals, praise and worship, the Papal Welcome, Stations of the Cross, the Vigil sleep out and the Final Mass. This awesome experience was filled with many graces. I was deeply touched as I witnessed the true joy of pilgrims coming together in celebration and thanksgiving to God.

We had a fantastic time as we got to know pilgrims from the abroad. On the trains we joined in Prayer and Worship in different languages. It was beautiful to partake in the unique expressions of faith and the unity of all Christian under the guidance of our Holy Father...we all have come to be inspired and encounter Christ- Our Hope. The Holy Spirit is so alive in our Church! I thank God for the Gift our faith and the presence of our Holy Father. I felt that his powerful message of unity and love spoke to me. We are all "one body, one spirit in Christ”.

In the discernment of my vocation, I have found great encouragement in these words...
“Do not be afraid to say "yes" to Jesus, to find your joy in doing his will, giving yourself completely to the pursuit of holiness, and using all your talents in the service of others!”

I believe that World Youth Day has given pilgrims from all around the world the opportunity to come together to spiritually nourish their faith in Christ and return home filled with hope of building up Christ’s Body, the Church. A Kingdom of Love!
I hope that WYD has prompted the young people to a true conversion of heart towards Christ and His Church.
We can be Catholic, young, happy & Holy!!


(Submitted by Therese Touma, Sydney)