4.03.2009

Visiting Lebanon part II



"You are going to love Lebanon," was the most common remark I would hear in the States when telling folks about my plans to visit. They are right. What a beautiful country and people. My first week of travels have taken me to meet many people and places. Below is a slide show of some of the visits I have made, including scenes of family and friends. I would like to write the details of the 101 things I have accomplished so far, but time and computer access are both limited. However, I have been very capable to include you in my prayers at all the holy sites.

I was blessed to meet with the Patriarch of Antioch and All of the East, Nasrallah Peter Sfeir in Bkerke. His Eminence offered me good wishes and blessings on the mission of the Maronite Servants.

Monsignor Mansour Labaky hosted me for a couple of days which included travels to Monasteries, Shrines and the villiages of my father's family. Abouna Labaky's hospitality, company, and conversation was a blessing.

My friend Louis Ragy and his family have gone to great efforts to show me some of the treasures of Lebanon. Their generosity, hospitality and deep faith are an inspiration.

A true hightlight and blessing was to be reunited with my family, including visits to my Mother's village of Masser El Chouf and my Dad's family in Mahmerch.

by Sister Marla Marie