6.26.2009

Monastery Moves

Father William Salmon and Sr. Marla Marie in Saint Maron's Chapel of the monastery.

By Sr. Marla Marie
In September of 2008, this blog featured my temporary monastery in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts were I was hosted by the Roman Catholic congregation, the Daughters of Saint Paul. My stay in their furnished guest house concluded this month, and I am grateful to the Sisters for their generous hospitality. God bless the Pauline Sisters for the many kindnesses and support they shared with me.
My next move has taken me to the Roman Catholic parish of Immaculate Conception in Weymouth, a short trip south of Boston. Father William Salmon, pastor, has welcomed me to the convent on the parish campus. Fr. Bill has a great esteem for the Church of the East, and is pleased to have my presence there. I am grateful to Father and the parish for their charity.

Join me in prayer to St. Joseph and our Maronite Saints that God will soon lead me to a permanent home to call “Mother of the Light Monastery”. The plan of the Eparchy is that the Maronite Servants of Christ the Light establish a residence in the eastern part of Massachusetts nearby seven of our Maronite parishes. Please help me to spread the word about this important need.