9.04.2014

First Profession of Vows- Boston

By Sister Therese Maria Touma

with Sr. Theresa and Sr. Cheryl

On Saturday August 30th we happily attended the first profession of two Pauline Sisters, Sr. Theresa and Sr. Cheryl at their Provincial house in Boston. The theme of their first Profession of vows of chastity, poverty, and obedience was: "For me to live is Christ" (Philippians 1:21). In participating in the beautiful profession Liturgy and watching the sisters take their vows I was taken back to the joyful time in which I took my vows in December of 2013. It is by God’s grace that we freely respond to his Divine invitation of love and moreover deepen our baptismal promises through the total offering of our lives in the love and worship of God.

When the sisters professed their vows before the altar to their superior I recalled the Profession I made nearly two years ago:
First Vows 2013
I glorify and praise you, O Christ, your Father, and your living Holy Spirit for calling me to a vocation of greater perfection, and I joyfully lay down my life in your service and that of your Church in this Congregation. In the presence of Almighty God and before you, Mother Marla Marie, our superior, I Sister Therese Maria, humbly vow for one year to live the Gospel counsels of obedience, chastity, and poverty according to the Typicon of the Maronite Servants of Christ the Light. Relying on the help of Mary, the Mother of God, our patron Saint Maron, and the support of this community, I promise with God's grace to observe my vows faithfully.

The vows of obedience, chastity and poverty which we take essentially capture our being totally given over to the praise and glory of our loving Father. A beautiful witness so needed in our world today. Jesus is the true joy and light of our lives. Have you considered giving your life in service to God and his people? As John Paul II has taught us, it is in giving of ourselves in love and service to others that we truly find ourselves and experiences the deepest fulfillment.
Photos



With the postulant director, two postulants and their family and friends.