By Cecilia Romero
MYO Atlanta - Lock In Retreat
At the MYO-MYA Lock-in held September 2nd to September 3rd Sr. Therese Maria gave an interactive presentation titled “Thirsty? Come to the Life-giving Well” to forty young people at St. Joseph’s parish hall. The afternoon session included: an opening ice-breaker “balloon pop”, a PowerPoint, prayer from the psalms, reflective questions, singing, group sharing, trivia questions, prizes and Scripture activities.
Sr. Therese Maria reflects, “On the whole, I felt that the group responded positively to the presentation as they asked great questions, listened attentively and contributed well in the group sharing. The objective of the talk was to help young people to discover their deep need and thirst for God, and how they can quench their thirst for true love and communion by developing and nurturing an intimate friendship with Jesus, the eternal thirst-quencher! I gave them five tips to help them to do this in their daily lives. Here they are:
1. Pray every day and live in God loving presence each moment.
2. Read and live the Word of God and ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten you.
3. Read the inspiring lives of the saints especially our Maronite saints.
4. Go to Divine Liturgy each Sunday and be present to the awesomeness of what is happening.
5. Go to Confession regularly and receive the gift of Jesus’ merciful love & forgiveness.”