6.30.2017

Fatima -- the Immaculate Heart of Mary


“Jesus wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world.
I promise salvation to those who embrace it.” (Our Lady of Fatima, June 13, 1917

This years’ centennial commemoration of the Fatima apparitions reminds us of the urgent call to prayer, conversion, and consecration contained in the message of Our Lady.  I would like to highlight the Five First Saturdays devotion that Our Lady asks for as a small effort to encourage you to take up this prayer on behalf of peace in the world, and peace in your heart.
Our Lady of Fatima explained the Five First Saturdays to Sr. Lucia dos Santos, one of the visionaries, “Tell them that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, in order to make reparation to me, on the First Saturday of five successive months: go to Confession, receive Holy Communion, say five decades of the rosary, and keep me company for a quarter of an hour, meditating on the mysteries of the rosary.  
More information on this devotion can be found at http://www.marian.org/13th/firstsaturday.php